Meeting Date: June 13, 2004
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Meeting Called to Order
New members were welcomed.
The Secretary’s report was read and accepted. The club currently has (71) members all paid.
The treasurer reported $10895 cash/equivalents for May. Club bank does not allow internet banking access for organizations. The Treasurer’s report was approved.
The usual stuff is on hand.
1) Trips – June 19th to George Sellios’ [ Open 9-12; start @ Yantic lot Exit 82 ~7AM. May follow with visit to the North Shore Club. Jim Delaney to verify on Tuesday.
2) Trip July 14-18: Larry has a map of locations “planned”. Discussion of #s of trippers, starting point (Donuts required!), Van rentals, etc. ensued.
3) June 27th Show – All in trailer ready for “7AM” Sunday morning. Location: Norwich, next to the Chelsea Bank – Railroad Ave. Anyone need a map?
4) Module Assessment Committee: Don, Dan, & George
5) Work sessions @ Larry’s – Support needed! Keys for alternate times are available: Jim & Dan Delaney. Also Treasurer may have one?
6) New London Mall “Fees”: Club position has been stated. No response received.
1) Club Show @ St Bernards: No progress was reported. A discussion of the issues (Essex is working as a revenue source; need cost/revenue sharing?) and alternate venues (such as Waterford Week/Band) followed. A motion was made “Should we have a club train show this year?” It was carried – 8 yea, 7 nay, 1 abstain.
2) One BLI AC-4 Cab Forward is available for purchase.
3) Treasurer brought up a past practice revenue maker – Meeting raffles. Can they be resurrected?
4) Red Club Trailer – It has a commercial registration (which in the past has followed the Treasurer from town to town). This results in a higher tax burden for the club. The Treasurer will review all the facts to determine if costs can be lowered.
5) Dan brought in a diorama to show various stone weathering and scenery techniques.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:50.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary