Meeting Date: July 25, 2004
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:30 pm
The Secretary’s report was read and accepted.
The treasurer reported $1300 in outstanding checks (St Bernard’s primary). $9732 net. The Treasurer’s report was approved.
Wheels & couplers.
1) The trip was a resounding success. Dan has (had) picture CDs available. Stu will also have photos. A slide show may be in the offing.
2) Norwich Show. It appeared to be successful.
3) Club Picnic. It is time to set the date. There was an offer to use museum facilities, but the consensus is to continue to hold it at a member’s home. Henry was permitted to offer his home, and it was agreed to hold the picnic there on 9/26/04.
4) Module Work Sessions @ Larry’s. A list of “activities”, including take-home projects has been created.
5) Club Show – October 17th. (contract not yet in hand)
a) Setup on Saturday
b) Flyers to be printed this week
c) Email regional clubs; info to select magazines
d) Special offers & Discounts were discussed/proposed – Discounts to clubs (members) ($4, $1 off for club members. Special offers, Scouts in uniform (ID or uniform) with parent.
1) Next meeting will be August 22, 2004.
2) The Naugatuck Railroad (RMNE) offers Engineer for an hour training and excursions on Tuesdays and Saturdays after the regularly scheduled trips. RMNE.org website.
3) New club trips discussed – Northlands; RMNE; Rennsealear.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:30.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary