Meeting Date: August 22, 2004
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:45 pm
The Secretary’s report was read and accepted.
The treasurer reported a balance of $9482 as of 7-31-04. The Treasurer’s report was approved.
Wheels & couplers & track cleaners.
1) Dan has cleared out some leftovers –
a) Cars to be auctioned, if none are desired by the members.
b) Two unclaimed Delaney Iron Works kits.
2) Club Show Flyers – 500 made… 1500 more to be made
3) Club Business cards – Dan is seeking to develop business cards (system pass style?).
4) Module Work Sessions @ Larry’s. - An operating layout is functioning (with some glitches and DCC.) Much work remains on various modules. Four foot bridge needs hinge work.
5) Club Show – October 17th.
a) Dan is seeking advertising through the Norwich “show” sponsors.
b) A volunteer was sought who could contact the various scout groups..?
c) Public service announcements on radio and TV were suggested.
d) A proposal was made for a MPRR “table” to be staffed @ train shows – complete with display photos, club cars, etc. e.g. @ the upcoming Orange show.
e) As of 8-22, just two vendors had replied. One table; the other a "NO WAY."
f) An attempt is (should be made) to (re)invite other modular club displays.
6) Club picnic – logistics and shopping list were discussed.
7) Bob MacGregor “discussed” some new viewing sites in Ohio.
1) Next meeting will be September 12, 2004 in Gales Ferry library.
2) It was reported that Dan Farrell died July 15th. His widow has (had) train stuff to be disposed of. Can be viewed on Saturday’s only.
Meeting Adjourned @ 9:00 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary