Meeting Date: February 27, 2005
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:30 pm
The Secretary’s report was read and accepted.
The treasurer provided an interim report, due to bank statements not yet received. The report was read and accepted.
All of the inventory remains available.
1) Mystic Middle School – Unloading from 3:30 PM or later, as available, to be done by 9:30 PM. The plan is to segregate the unused modules @ Mystic into the red trailer. Need to get rack material from Larry’s before then. Bert to support Mystic with two + modules. Show times 10 to 3 PM on Saturday, with access @ 8:00 AM.
2) Willimantic Show – Set-up scheduled for Friday night @ 6:00 PM, 3/18/05 @ the High School. Show times are 10 to 3 on Sunday, also with access @ 8:00 AM. Jim Delaney is to check with Joe Sokol on the maximum dimensions.
3) Trip to RPI is scheduled for April 30th. It is by invitation only, not open to the general public. Times 12 to 3 PM, with a stop @ Selkirk in the AM. Dan is to check if there are any age limits.
4) Other trips? Palmer; Warren; Various Train stations; Northlands; the three Connecticut Prototype Museums, all were mentioned. Forward any trip recommendations to Jim Delaney.
5) Larry’s Basement – a) Another set of storage racks and shelves are to be painted and assembled. b) Dan has purchased 30 bankers storage boxes. c) To complete the reorganization of materials, a club toolbox for module work is to be assembled. Donations of new/old tools is permitted. Cash donations may also be made.
6) Next Wednesday is to be another paint the transportation boxes, etc. night.
7) New Modules – The [ 2 X 2s ] It is recommended that all new modules include lids. Officially three 2 X 2s are to be made, plus other scenic modules as members volunteer (their own). The Transition Module is to be rebuilt to increase the access clearances. The existing modules to be replaced is to be converted for scenic purposes [ 3 X 4 ]. A) Henry proposed the rebuilding of the mainline segments of the Transition Module to cure structural and switching problems.
8) New London Station / Essex – Dan stated that our primary focus should be on Essex. The club should have a presence @ all special events. Such as an M & P show ( with vendors ?) on their railfan day. a) Clark intends to have a sales table at New London once a month and suggested a M & P table. The consensus of the members is that there needs to be other special events occurring to warrant a club presence. b) The Anne Devona question? She has many ideas for us, but these are outside the scope of the club. We respectfully decline such educational and monthly presentations.
1) The slide show is scheduled for the next meeting on 10 October.
2) It was reported that Art Ferguson’s wife died last week. Donations are to be as noted in the email.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:45 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary