Meeting Date: May 22, 2005
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
The Secretary’s report from 4/24/05 was read and accepted, with one correction.
The treasurer reported that cash and equivalents totaled $8981, a decline of approx. $500 for the period ending 4/31/05. The report was read and accepted.
Wheels, couplers, joiners, track cleaners, hats, and some shirts remain available. However, inflation has set in. Wheel sets are now $5 and KD #5 multi-packs are now $20.
1) The RPI trip was reviewed. A good time was had by all, even Dan, despite the somewhat uncooperative weather. The Märklin layout was also an all too brief highlight. This was the last time the RPI layout will likely have been viewable for some time.
2) Module building weekend(s) are in planned for June, as follows, all work to begin from 8 AM on (until collapse or completion): a) June 4/5 – Primarily @ Stu’s to cut and fabricate the small pieces b) June 18/19 – Two groups will be required @ Stu’s and Jim Spavins' for large piecework. As many as possible are needed to attend. June 25/26 – At Jim Spavins' for final assembly. Bring weights for foam gluing. Note: If clearances required for covers have not been provided, please give them to Stu. All payments are to be handled by Don Counsellor.
3) Stu discussed leg insert design, and it was agreed to select the mid-quality style, if the manufacturer would not reduce the minimum purchase requirement for the best grade inserts. Stu also reminded everyone to be safety conscious and bring gloves, dust masks, and earplugs with them. Bulk purchases of track, switches, etc. will be discussed, later.
3) Meeting and work session adjustments: Wednesday night work sessions will continue on a normal basis– Much work needs to be done. There will be NO meeting on the 2nd Sunday of June. There WILL be a meeting on 6/26/05, after the module work, @ the Bill Library. There will also be a meeting on 7/10/05 @ the library, primarily as a pre-trip planning meeting. The August meeting will be the 4th weekend, Sunday 8/28/05, again @ the library. No summer clinics will be held.
4) Bill Evans – on Conventions: Phil Moffet says a 24 X 32 layout is OK, but room sizes had not yet been verified. [Stamford, October 8-10 @ Sheraton-Hilton]. Convention rates: $45 non-member; room rates $94/ night. Link @ NMRA.org [Conventions - Regional]
a) 4 “Modeling with the Masters” clinics
b) Trips to the Grand Central Dispatcher’s Office (2 groups of 35 people) and P32 Simulator
c) Hartford National Convention 2009: Proposed names – H/N 2009, or New England Express
New (Old) Business
1) Fostoria Fan Trip: Scheduled Wednesday to Sunday, July 20 to 24. Leave early Wednesday straight to Fostoria; Thursday – Fostoria; Friday – Fostoria and other Ohio spots, PM leave for Altoona; Saturday – Altoona, PM leave for Harrisburg; Sunday – Harrisburg, PM leave for home
2) Options for trip are stops @ Berea / Belleview.
3) Recommendations are requested for an August trip.
1) Club Picnic- September - Jonathan to review open dates.
2) Passenger station work is needed to support the October show. Any volunteer for the auxiliary panel?
3) New Module connectors – The new harnesses will use a 4-pin connector of the same style previously used. Club transition harnesses will be available to mate with older modules.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:55 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary