Meeting Date: June 26, 2005
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:45 pm
The Secretary’s report from 5/22/05 was read and accepted.
The treasurer reported that cash and equivalents totaled $8957, a decline of approx. $24; and the checkbook balance was $2354, for the period ending 5/31/05. The report was read and accepted.
1) Club Picnic - September – Jonathan has reviewed the open dates. The picnic is scheduled for September 17 (rain date is the 18th).
2) Fostoria Trip – Please notify Jim Delaney by July 10th, [club meeting on 7/10/05 @ the library] so that the initial reservations can be made. [Scheduled Wednesday to Sunday, July 20 to 24. Leave early Wednesday straight to Fostoria; Thursday – Fostoria; Friday – Fostoria and other Ohio spots, PM leave for Altoona; Saturday – Altoona, PM leave for Harrisburg; Sunday – Harrisburg, PM leave for home]
3) MPRR participation @ the NER Fall 2005 Convention [Oct7-9] in Stamford was not mentioned in the June NER Coupler Registration Packet, (but then no other club was listed, either). Bill Evans was not available for an update. [A copy of the Registration Packet can be requested from the Secretary, or via the link @ NMRA.org]
3) A brief discussion of fall/Christmas shows was held. Dan indicated that support of the Thomas show should remain a priority. Feel free to find/propose a holiday show location.
4) Wednesday nights – Passenger Module Work. Come and pick your task(s).
a) Completion and options for the auxiliary panel were discussed; e.g., just turnout control; test the whole station with just the main panel; etc.
b) Stu agreed to “reconsider” the auxiliary panel requirements.
c) Implement dwarf signals for the turnouts
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:10 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary