Meeting Date: August 28, 2005
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
The Secretary’s report from 7/10/05 was read and accepted.
The Treasurer reported that cash had increased by $16!
1) NER Fall 2005 Convention [Oct7-9] in Stamford - Bill Evans confirmed the display size to be [ 24 x 32 ]. Security of personal equipment is to be by locking the room. Setup to be on Friday. Personal participation requires registration, otherwise it will just be running the display. [A copy of the Registration Packet can be requested from the Secretary, or via the link @ NMRA.org]
2) Picnic directions are to be in the newsletter.
3) There will be a “voluntary” workday at Larry’s on the second Sunday of September. An early start for those who like to cut brush and vines. Meeting to follow at Larry’s at the usual time. The next meeting will be on the fourth Sunday at the Bill Library. (Ed to check on whether meeting schedule has been filled out)
4) Wednesday nights – Build trees for the logging modules. An overall task list to be generated.
5) There will be a “Modules” buy of 1K feet of roadbed and track, plus Peco switches.
1) Stu has ordered electrical switches, wire and the crimping tool for the Amphenol connectors. The items are to be priced for easy purchase from the storekeeper. Additional leg sets, etc, have been ordered. New pins(~$30) Harnesses (~$8-12/module) AC Power – Pre-built power strips are being considered, or replacement power cords.
2) Jim Spavins - Two of the corner modules have scenery selected, but two others need scenery ideas and someone (two) to do it.
3) The club agreed to send a donation of $100 to the Hospice of Southeastern Connecticut on behalf of Larry’s mother.
4) Dan said he would like to discuss ‘Dues’ at the next meeting.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:13 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary