Meeting Date: January 22, 2006
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
The Secretary’s report was read and accepted. (N-scalers noted that loading took place today)
Club roster may be checked at end of meeting.
No report due to technical difficulties
Storekeeper reported hats, wheels, track, roadbed, turnout machines are available
1) Need some fittings to repair some of the barriers.
2) Web Site update is due Thursday. Get your input in now! Jim Spavins described some of the updates.
3) Sandy asked about the Club Handout. Dan is to update it for a new printing – all those with email are to receive a copy.
4) NER Convention – No good contact has been made yet.
5) Willimantic – April 23 is the show date.
6) Springfield – Loading Tuesday at 1800 hours. Much packaging has already been done. Layout plan is (currently) at Larry’s. New modules/corners to be used. On30 to be at the end. Same location in the Young Building. TIMES : Young Building at 8 AM Friday, continue until done with setup. If any module is to arrive separately, it should be there at 8 AM. Saturday/Sunday 9 to 5 / 10 to 5. Unload on Wednesday at 7PM. Radios are to be used w/ Larry/Dan as dispatcher(s). Dan is to use a dry erase dispatcher board.
7) NOTES : Parking – appears to be pay at every entry. Bill Evans noted that barriers are to be charged for. He was trying to negotiate a “no charge” for them. Dan read the requirements for badges – Group to be responsible, but a will call booth is to be at Door 7. We can provide an authorized list. Passes can be left 10-15 at the door, the others in the white trailer.
1) Larry complimented Dan on his work on the logging railroad modules. While Jim Spavins offered “leftovers” from his home layout cleanup. It was noted that the newsletter has a swap/ sale section available. Dan mentioned that the website is generating interest.
2) Bert was reported as “managing the facility”.
3) Bill Evans noted that the Providence & Worcester RR is planning a show around the end of September, and wants to know if we might be interested. Bill is to forward the information to John for further review.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:25 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary