August 27, 2006 Business Meeting
Club Business Meeting Minutes Archive

Meeting Date: August 27, 2006
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Gales Ferry, CT
Meeting Time: 7:38 pm

Secretary’s Report

The Secretary’s report from 7-23-06 was read and accepted, with one correction (Webster verse Worcester). 

Treasurer’s Report

The Treasurer’s Report was read and accepted.

Storekeeper’s Report

Storekeeper’s report was given, usual supplies available.  Inventory of electrical stock provided to Stu for restock list.  Track nails have been bought.

Old Business

1) Webster Show – John Waller provided an update.  Setup is Friday 9/22 after 6PM (until done).  Show will be on Sunday 9/24, available after 6AM; show time 10 AM– 3PM.  There will be local help.  24’ X 32’.  Stu is preparing the layout to determine trailer needs.

Take I-395 north to state line then 0.6 mile to exit 1.  Take a left at the stop sign at bottom of ramp onto Thompson Road north.  Go straight through two sets of traffic lights.  Park Avenue is on left 0.4 mile past second lights.  School is 0.2 mile on left.

2) Westerly Armory Show – Need an update.  The planned meeting was not covered by the Westerly people.  11/17 & 11/18.

3) Aristocraft throttles are available at Larry’s for pickup – Bob McGregor.

4) Bert’s Legacy - Barbara to complete removal of Bert’s modules from Larry’s.  Bill will work on the city modules at Larry’s, which will be relocated to support transition module work there.  See website for updated photos of progress.  Due to the rapid progress it might be ready for Thomas [ 11-4/5, 11-11/12 ] (Dan to check with Essex on status).  Note: Jonathan expects to support Willimantic, with help, on 11/5 ( 24 X 32’ ).

5) Club Picnic – Due to a conflict with the date, the picnic is now rain or shine, at noon on 9/17.  Bring a dish.

6) Power Supplies for Modules – Control box designs were presented and power supplies were discussed.  John Waller has a design for the controllers.  A Motion was made to spend up to $200 to replace the passenger module power supplies, which are not reliable with 15 VDC and ± 12 VDC power supplies and four (new) handhelds.  Vote 10 to 0 w/1 abstention.  Motion was passed.

7) Numbers of power supplies/controllers for individual modules were solicited.  Passenger module controller connection types were discussed - #s of connections and controllers needed on the outside and to the right (beyond the city).  General agreement was for two at remote locations.  Further review will occur Wednesday.

New Business

1) Stats for the club website were forwarded to Clark for inclusion in the newsletter.

2) Passenger station update – Station building is (re)assembled.  Lots of detail has been added.  People to be added soon.  Transport boxes for P.M./Sawmill buildings, club tools/equipment are to be fabricated.  May mark boxes to match modules.

3) NMRA 2009 – Resurrects the radio communication issue.  Need to replace due to unreliability.  Stu has been investigating - ~$20 for a hands-free headset for walkie-talkies.  Bill Evans will check out some headsets.  There was discussion on whether the club should by just the walkie-talkies, and members the headsets.  Bill Evans is on the 2009 layout committee – He has “volunteered” the club members for help.  The convention and layouts will be at the Hartford site.  Effort is being made to ensure M&P is represented in those layouts.  There was some discussion on what the problems were that made Worcester not work while Stamford did.  [ The NMRA holds all the strings for control of the convention.  Hotel contracts have been signed ]

4) Work sessions at Jim’s scheduled for 9/3 and 9/9 on transition modules and boxes.  9/10 is available for work at Larry’s, followed by a short meeting at 5PM to prep for Webster.  No meeting on 9/24, due to the show.

Meeting Adjourned @ 9:28 pm.

Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary