Meeting Date: March 25, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
The Secretary’s Report was read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed.
Report read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed.
The storekeeper reported that all the usual are available.
1) Shows: a) Willimantic – 4-22-07, 10-3pm. Setup to be on Friday at 6pm. Dan said he would NOT be available on Friday, and would be late on Sunday. B) Christ the King – 4-15-07. setup Saturday morning 4-14, 9-10am. The expected display times are Saturday evening and Sunday morning – specific times not known. The Willimantic show will use the same basic layout as last year. Christ the King will use the passenger module and transition. Bob McGregor will be requested to provide support.
2) The Economic committee met on Thursday night. Minutes of the meeting are being written up.
3) Wednesday nights – Wiring on the transition module is ongoing. After Willimantic, a small setup to be able to run trains as well as work (scenery. etc.) has been suggested. An inquiry was made on how to help Bill Badgett work on his module(s) ( to help clear out the basement). Personal module work can also be done @ Larry’s.
4) Hartford 2009 – No new word. This year everything is preliminary status only. But this means that modules for display at Springfield MUST be DONE for 2008!.
5) Larry inquired about (when) the passenger module handheld controllers would be built – particularly for the upcoming shows?
6) There was some discussion about re-establishing the twice-a-month meeting schedule(s). [ In that context, it was noted that the second Sunday in April is Easter, and it was recommended that the meeting be held at Christ the King – Motion made, and accepted – none opposed] There is a concern that things get proposed on a Wednesday night, that do not get passed on to the general membership [ Suggestion - add a Wednesday Night Notes to the Newsletter ]. Also suggested is to shift the Sunday at Larry’s work session “meeting” to 7:30 pm. There was additional discussion about bringing in or setting up videos or presentations/ demonstrations to refocus the type of meeting we have.
1) Bill Evans brought up the summer trip – when and where? Suggested July 11 to 15 (Alternatively July 25 to 29). It was agreed to choose July 11-15 (which is to be posted in the Newsletter). Fostoria or a “southern” trip (Cass, etc.) are possibilities.
2) Jonathan is now offering operating sessions on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month @ 7 to 9pm.
3) Ron Pothier presented a flyer for a self-guided home layout tour (Hub Division) for April 7, 10am to 4pm.
Meeting Adjourned @ 9:00 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary