Meeting Date: June 10, 2007
Meeting Location: Larry's House, North Stonington, CT
Meeting Time: 7:32 pm
The Secretary’s Report was read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed (1 abstention).
Report read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed.
The storekeeper reported that all the usual are available.
1) President’s Comments – Dan acknowledged John’s excellent handling of the last meeting, while Dan was absent. The Financial Committee’s Report is to be discussed at a meeting with broader attendance (9 present tonight). June 24th? The Financial committee members were specifically thanked for their diligent efforts.
2) Today’s Sunday work session – Several dump runs were made. Removing the unclaimed old modules/parts, etc. Jonathan can take remaining modules to Bill Badgett.
3) Stu noted, after cleanup inventory, that control panel switches are available for those members who are ready to work on their control panels.
4) Meeting dates – as previously noted June 24th, with one meeting each scheduled for July and August (July after club trip).
5) Club Picnic – One date available at Jonathan’s – could be held at Larry’s.
1) Bill Evans was contacted by The Coupler, asking to do an article on the MPRR Club (all scales) – could also go into Scale Rails. Along with that would be the MPRR presentation prepared by Jim Spavins. Bill presented this to the club members present for their approval. Dan thinks it’s good publicity for the club. We need to get the N/G scalers coordinated for such an “interview”. Stu also noted that pictures (all scales) from Springfield 2007 should be gathered for the article.
2) *Still a concern about getting the other scales to attend the meetings [ Scale-less demos and presentations? ] Dan will attempt to make up a calendar of events and present it to the other scales. Need to get this information into the Newsletter (Another committee?).
3) Layouts/Club tours and access: The Providence Northern or South Shore Clubs can be visited by Club (MPRR) members, on Saturday’s. Tour dates can be set up.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:30 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary