Meeting Date: August 26, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Gales Ferry, CT
Meeting Time: 7:43 pm
The Secretary’s Report was read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed (no abstentions permitted).
Report read. 6-30-07 to 8-26-07: Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed (1 abstention).
Metal wheels and couplers; locker has been inventoried.
1) Dan briefly revisited the on-demand-sales concept that would use our logos, etc. Jim Spavins seeks our content for the Club website. Dan is to give Don an application form for the Massachusetts sales tax. The Springfield punch list is to be reviewed and re-listed!
2) Club Calendar – Dan noted that the N-Scalers had fliers made up for the N-scale national convention held in Hartford (August 11). An all-scales calendar for 2008 is needed.
3) Newsletter Availability – there was further discussion on the availability of the newsletter for members/ex-members. It was agreed that Ross could receive a copy via email at no cost due to the potential high exchange banking costs, other wise involved. “Newsletter Only” is to be for Ex-Members only. Although many old newsletters are already on the web site, there was a concern expressed whether editing is appropriate before posting. Old newsletters are not posted for ~ a year. The $10 charge will be reviewed case-by-case.
4) Calendar – September 23rd to be a work day @ Larry’s (10 AM –>). The Calendar posted on the web site is to extent for the full year and include any railroading events, while the newsletter is to show only the next month (or two).
5) The Club needs to create “official” contact names for each scale (group). I.E., Sandy Alonzo for N, Dave Alley for S, Bob MacGregor for G.
6) Stu has inventoried the electronics, “We know what is there, e.g., SPDT/SPDT switches, and are there for member project purchase. Stu is also about ready to assemble the handheld throttles, once the prototype is complete (and works) a work session will be scheduled.
7) Larry asked for a list of picnic items – Please!
1) Dan is to contact the N-Scalers to consider doing the Willimantic show on Nov 4. N or ON3, or both? Or Dave Alley could set up in S.
Meeting Adjourned @ 9:00 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary