Meeting Date: October 14, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
The Secretary’s Report was read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed.
Report read. 10-14-07: Same as 9-23-07; No income or expenses to report. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed (1 abstention).
1) Today’s work session – Considerable work was accomplished on several personal modules. Nate worked on the transition module bridges and trees.
2) Any discussion concerning a Friendship school show is postponed for two weeks (Clark is not here, tonight).
3) Willimantic Show: There will be an HO layout – “Same” size as the spring 2007 show. There will also be an ON3 display. (Note that S-scale is also now available for shows, and that the red trailer can be used for hauling to Willimantic.)
4) There will be no Thomas Show this year. Thomas is retrenching this year due to low profits and high expenses. (There are at least three Thomas shows in CT each year). Thomas is not able to provide payment to the M-P and is not permitting any activities outside the official approved list this year. However, Essex itself, may desire us to support the Christmas train.
5) There are other planned (or known) shows for this fall.
6) Springfield – The HO layout footprint is expected to have a smaller “U” section. Bob MacGregor will set up his “green” layout this year. An S-scale layout of up to 12’ X 16’ could also be used.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:25 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary