Meeting Date: October 28, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
The Secretary’s Report was read. Motion made and seconded to accept, as read. Motion passed (3 abstentions).
None available. The president noted that there was little change from the last meeting.
Metal wheels couplers and hats are available (no tortoises).
The Fostoria Rail Preservation Group has sent the club some OHIO Rail Maps.
1) Work Session at Larry’s: The work list has been made up for reference.
2) Willimantic Show: load up time on Wednesday (Halloween) will be at 7 PM. Friday is available for set-up (~6 PM), with 7 AM on Sunday for final adjustments. Show times are 10-3. Unloading to be Wednesday night. S scale “could be” available for showing.
3) Friendship School – Clark has indicated that it is ALL up to us to set up a show schedule that we will be able to support. The space is ~50’ X 50’. The question of who will promote it remains. Suggested time - the weekend of the 29th-30th. Can we use the donation box?
4) Springfield – The club has asked for 72 passes.
1) Activity Calendar process – With N/ON3 -scale representatives present, the concept was discussed.
2) Hartford Convention – Contact name: Henry Jordan (see Scale Rails). Can we get the N-scale layout into the convention?
3) Bob Murphy has announced an operating session for Nov. 18th @ 6PM.
4) Next work session @ Larry’s is Nov. 11th starting at 10 AM, followed by meetings at the Bill Library on Nov. 11th and Nov. 25th at 7:30 PM.
5) Bob MacGregor may do a Palmer visit this coming week.
6) The possibility of holding a structure (RS) kit program (after Springfield) was discussed with Sandy. Sandy also described some of his recent detailing work (these are options for meetings or work sessions).
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:50 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary