Meeting Date: November 25, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
Excerpts from the Secretary’s Report(s) for 11/11/07 and 11/25/07 were provided.
The treasurer reported income of $132 and an outflow of $0.
1) Shows: The club will not be going to the Waterford Friendship School. The next show is Springfield. (As you are aware) any show at Essex has not been advanced, either. Note that any show in Old Lyme in the spring is in doubt, as well.
2) The V.P. presented a discussion related to the lack of shows to attend, coupled with the ‘aging’ of the club. Can we find new shows to participate in; how should we proceed to do this? It is clear that set-up timing is an issue; e.g., days of the week. It was suggested that we must look for empty real estate to use, especially for a Christmas time showing. George was looking into a Masonic-owned facility. It was decided to post a request from the members for sites in the Newsletter. Jonathan will look further into Nutmeg NMRA and Waterford Week possibilities.
3) The consensus of the nine members present is that we do want to find more (new) shows/sites to set up to run trains!
1) Dues are due starting 1 January 2008 ($40 regular & $50 family)
2) Next work session at Larry’s is Dec. 9th starting at 10 AM, and all Wednesday nights except Dec 26 , followed by a meeting at the Bill Library on Dec. 23rd at 7:30 PM.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:17 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary