Meeting Date: December 23, 2007
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:30 pm
Read with corrections; The Nutmeg Division is no longer doing shows; Someone from ‘Waterford’ should lead any effort to have a show related to Waterford Week; Bill Paradis intends to request an Old Lyme show.
None available (not present)
1) President’s Comments – Dan mentioned resent past activities, such as Bob Murphy’s open house. His next open house will be BROL (locos). The work session (today) was lightly attended.
2) Bill Paradis will request an Old Lyme show for the spring. Dan suggested that wider advertising be employed to attract ‘outsiders’, and that lunch should not be purchased for us.
3) There will be a work session on the 26th, as well every available Wednesday and Sunday in January at Larry’s.
4) Next Meeting 1-13-08 at 7:30 at the Bill library – Springfield is 1-26 and 1-27, so loading will be either/both on 1-20 and that Wednesday night.
5) Sandy will head wood-kit building Clinic(s) (2 or 3 sessions) some time after Springfield.
6) Dan led further discussion on new train shows by the club. We may need to consider going father a-field, into MASS/RI. Dan suggested that a ‘new’ position of “Show Coordinator” is necessary to handle/organize our efforts, especially to link up with other (new) train shows. Ron Pothier suggested that as a backup to participating, as an invited layout, in the 2009 National show, that we seek a setup at Essex at that time. There was some further discussion on what should be done to provide the best ‘appearance’ of the modules at Springfield.
1) Work session Wednesday – Get all of the passenger modules up, and the transition modules next to it.
Passenger Station detailing and viaduct work:
2) Springfield HO layout plan has been formalized. We should expect the usual snafus, and solutions with the passes. Bob MacGregor expects to go to Springfield on Thursday, and Jonathan will pull the red trailer, if needed.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:30 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary