Meeting Date: March 30, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Read, and accepted as read. (1 abstention)
Treasurer’s Report was read and accepted as read (1 abstention)
Larry is in the hospital, very ill (as of 7:30 pm, the news is not good). Don is to send flowers in either case.
Note: Jim Delaney is having a knee replacement; is at Greentree in Waterford
1) Willimantic Show:
Sunday morning setup – from 6 AM on April 13th. ~28 X 32 size
Loading to be Wednesday at 7:30 PM – Stu’s yard; Delaney Yard; Don’s and Misc. – Cut corner, lift bridge, Rockville corner, Marysville
Show time 10 -3 PM.
2) Wednesday 4-9 will do power routing, etc.
3) The Friendship School – Setup April 15th, in the morning, ~9 AM. Wednesday 12 – 3 and 6 -9. Thursday and Friday 10 – 3. Clark still needs to provide logistics information.
Size to be ~ 28’ X 40’.
It is hoped that the 3 days will provide some time to learn to operate the new modules and operate in a relaxed atmosphere.
4) Christ the King is now anticipated in August or September!
5) “Club Pin” – As a comment, Barbara is suggesting an alternative of “labeled pens”, which is proposed as a marketing tool for the Club.
6) Jonathan is holding his ongoing operating sessions on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. Dan suggests a formal session, perhaps on a Wednesday night, sometime after the April shows. There is also a potential session in the summer with Bob Murphy.
1) National Train Show – Bill Evans has assumed the position of “Modular Coordinator”.
2) Dan has proposed a unique “L” shaped module layout, which includes some modules not yet complete. Size ~42 X 52, max 42 X 56. The initial proposal does not use the Passenger modules and can only use the logging modules if a “filler” Power Station module is built. It is noted that 5 or 6 members will be supporting the showing of their home layouts during part of the convention week, and will need help running the layouts. This will put a strain on support for running the convention layout.
The convention runs from July 5th through the weekend, with a Thursday setup for the convention layout. Friday is display for Convention attendees only, while Saturday and Sunday is open to the public. To run the layout does NOT require an NMRA membership, but a temporary lower-cost membership is available.
Bill is seeking volunteers for convention support (bus monitors and convention center support). We will need operator support!
We will also need a three-track corner to support full operation of this layout (can we use Henry’s corner?)
So far, N-scale has no layout representation for the convention.
It was suggested that the proposed “L” layout be used for Springfield 2009 and/or Christ theKing.
3) A new book recommendation: Trackside with “Mr. ALCO” by Jim Odell.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:05 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary