Meeting Date: April 27, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:42 pm
Read, and accepted as read. (1 abstention)
Treasurer’s Report was read and accepted as read (1 abstention).
Supplies available via a key from Dan. Club decals are back in the locker (good stock, even ‘O’ scale). Switches. Larry was reported as much better – up in a chair – may go as early as Tuesday to Pendleton in Mystic. Susan says please go visit.
1) Connector Issues:
Willimantic Show – Some connector issues noted
Friendship School – There were significant problems with the connectors, beyond those initially observed with the Jim Spavin’s module. The school’s Principal said that they would like to have us back again. However, it appears to need more advertising. It appears the facility can support a larger layout, if desired.
2) Christ-the-King show is now scheduled for September. It would be possible to try out the ‘L’ Module concept at that location. It is possible to use the logging modules with a new transitioning power station module.
3) Dan briefly discussed the concept of the ‘L’ Modular layout and provided copies of the plan for all who were present.
4) Bill Evans had no new information related to the 2009 Convention.
5) Henry’s corner module is to be brought to Larry’s for scenicing for use in the ‘L’ Module layout (and when needed elsewhere). He will provide a copy of the module-wiring diagram.
1) Stu (in absentia) has agreed to build a NEW 4 Foot lift bridge (not like the Thames River version). It was also noted that the 8 Foot bridge may (need to) be modified to provide wheelchair access.
2) There was a general discussion on when to hold an operation session at Jonathan’s. It was decided to be held on Wednesday at 7 PM (everyone is also welcome this Monday, as usual).
3) Unloading to be done at Larry’s on 5-7
4) Further discussion on Connectors – There is a problem – we are just not sure what it is?!! These four pin connectors may have corrosion or tension issues. Maybe they were new “old” stock. Several options have been proposed concerning this.
A) Use a heat-sink method when soldering new replacements (plug into each other).
B) Use new 4 pin Amphenol type replacements. This is assumed to need new jaws for the crimping tool. Stu is to investigate this (will not interfere with the bridge building!).
5) Two new members briefly introduced themselves to the members present: Vince Hauser (HO, On30 ), Charles Beebe (HO).
6) Next meeting to be held May 18th at Bill Library.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:55 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary