Meeting Date: August 24, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Gales Ferry, CT
Meeting Time: 7:36 pm
Read and accepted as read. (1 abstention)
Hats, couplers, etc. are available.
1) President’s comments – The Trip: Ten travelers had fine weather (not hot), visited Marion, Ohio (a new stop) and saw a working Horseshoe Curve this year, and the Incline Plane.
2) The Club Web Page now has a ‘calendar’ found on the right-hand side of the page. There is still work required to get input for the newsletter. The webpage had 144,000 unique visitors in 2007. But it needs more input from the ‘other’ scales, as well as updates on the modules, in words and photos. You can add your home layouts, as well. Even Railfanning is OK!
3) Springfield ’09 – The Contracts have been received for the show scheduled for the last weekend of January.
4) Dan expounded a bit on the need for ‘module training’ (to prevent ‘accidents’). This is envisioned to occur this fall at Larry’s.
5) Bench-work for the mountain corner adapter is to be scheduled for September. Similarly, bench-work on the ‘Henry corner’ has begun. Hills are installed (initial painting); track-work and track painting are accomplished.
6) We need to confirm the Christ-the-King dates with Bill P.
7) Rumor has it that the Convention invitations (for Hartford Convention Center) are due “in September’. There will be need for home layout tour assistants, as well as convention operators.
1) Work sessions scheduled for each Wednesday, as well as Sunday the 14th.
2) Bill Evans says that most of the available “Outsiders” that could present programs at a meeting are busy building their layouts. Thus it will be hard to schedule any talks or clinics before the 2009 convention. It is noted that there are operating sessions being held on Thursday mornings in Pomfret, as well as on alternate Tuesdays at Jonathan’s.
3) It is expected that Joe Sokol will contact John Waller with the Willimantic dates.
4) Club Picnic – Susan has re-volunteered for the picnic (and secret work session) on the 28th of September. Larry will secure the basics. Bring a dish/dessert as usual.
5) Les Hazler inquired about any planned upcoming income events. He has an (unfinished) 4’X8’ N scale module that he is willing to donate.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:37 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary