Meeting Date: September 14, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:37 pm
Read and accepted as read.
The report was read and accepted as read.
All the usual items are available.
1) The Club calendar (on the web site) can now be printed out. But the output is not live (functional).
2) The Springfield Contract may not yet have been mailed.
3) Springfield ’09 – The Contracts have been received for the show scheduled for the last weekend of January.
4) Willimantic is scheduled for November 2nd, and as usual is listed for 20 X 24 (to be checked with Sokol. There is also the question whether the On30 layout is included (Sandy is to check with Sokol).
5) For the picnic Larry has suggested “cold-cuts” instead of the usual hot dogs and hamburgers.
6) Christ-the-King dates are October 4th and 5th. We can access on the third. Plan to be there early enough to be ready to open Saturday evening and Sunday at 9 AM (to 3 PM). i.e., 8:30 AM Saturday. Loading at Larry’s is Wednesday evening, Oct 1. Dan is to check if the N-Scalers (or S) want to come – [No they can’t – are setting up at the Durham Fair Show]. Dan will email the updated layout plan.
7) The most urgent work task is to convert the power connectors to the new plug type, before the loading date. John Waller is to issue a Newsletter Supplement with the needed information.
1) Dan worked on the Henry Module at the work session, today. Stu is to start work on the new lift bridge and the mountain adapter module.
2) Dan announced the planned Christmas display in North Stonington at the Third Baptist Church. A 40 X 20’ layout size. Full facilities are available at the church, unlike some past venues! Setup is expected December 20/21 and teardown January 4/5. Larry is to formally propose this to the church board.
3) Bob MacGregor noted the P&W Fan Club train-show to be held “next Sunday” in Webster, MA, in the Town Hall – 10 to 3 (G scale).
4) Sandy noted that there is an antique machinery show to be held in two weeks (27th & 28th) in Kent, including a Hawaiian steam locomotive. The ON30 will be heading to NY, with the N setting up at Cheshire.
5) Sandy has also provided two Weller soldering stations for general club use.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:37 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary