Meeting Date: October 26, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:38 pm
Read and accepted as read. (1)
The report was read and accepted as read. (1)
Has hats in particular.
1) The Springfield ‘09 Contracts are out.
2) The picnic went very well (indoors), with plenty of leftovers.
3) The rebuilding of the Henry Module – the M&P website has an article (Part I), with Part II to follow. Dan was nearly finished, as of today.
4) Bob MacGregor did go to the Webster P&W show and set up the G scale on the stage.
5) Christ-the-King – NO electrical issues during setup! The show went well except for the location of the track signals on the transition module, which acted as car retarders rather than signals. The Men’s Club did not appropriately ID that the cost of entry to the display was a donation to the Men’s club and not to us.
6) Willimantic show correct size is reported as 24 X 32’. Friday could still be the setup date (except it’s Halloween). Assume 6 AM Sunday (Fall-back time). Dan to email the layout plan.
7) Still no NMRA update. Only the home layout list has been published. It is noted that the home layout tours will not overlap with the convention module operations. Home layouts will need support.
8) Stu made note that all club venues should display “proper” club attire. A Notice should be placed in the Newsletter for members to check for needed shirts, hats, etc. Larry would then order replacement supplies as needed.
9) Will load Wednesday, as needed for Willimantic.
10) The Christmas show times will require support: Dates – Monday 22nd, Sat/Sun 27/28th Tues 30th, Fri/Sat 2/3rd. Nominal time 12-5 PM (per Larry) with 12 -3 PM on the last Saturday. Schools may come Monday/Tuesday morning. Setup on Saturday 12-20. [Jonathan suggested a sign-up email / No more than 24’ of coverage per person. Club cars can be sold.
1) Red trailer needs repair (costs to be determined by inspection–Bob MacGregor)
2) Dan is to post pictures and details from his Wisconsin trek.
3) Sunday work session followed by a club meeting slide show by Jim Delany.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:55 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary