Meeting Date: December 14, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:36 pm
Read and accepted as read (1).
Read and accepted as read. (1)
1) A motion was made and carried for Clark to investigate the purchase of smaller size shirts from Tees Plus, based on inventory of current stock ~ $25 shirts < + $15.
2) Dan needs 33” wheel sets; anyone else? Motion made and carried for five boxes to be ordered.
1) Inspection of the red trailer. Bob MacGregor to proceed as the ground firms up again.
2) NMRA 2009 – The registration packet is in hand and will be turned in as soon the layout plan redraw is confirmed to correct (this week). There are questions as to where trailers will be able to be brought in and then stored. Charges are $13 for parking ($18 for in-and-out privileges). Exhibitor’s badging to allow entry into convention activities is not formalized yet. Web site is www.HN2009.org to get information on the convention and registration. Dan is encouraging everyone to use some time to participate in the convention. Bill Evans noted, again, that M&P has six home layouts on the convention tours, and will need two assistants per layout [Weds 6-8PM and Thurs morning 7-9AM?].
3) Christmas display – Larry has fliers for posting. Setup is Saturday at 8AM. Sunday is practice runtime and church member viewing (11-3) with Monday tentative for school kids.
4) Springfield – January 24/25, setup 23rd, and loading on Wednesday. Known issues are wiring (fixed?); radios; and reloading. Dan will reinvestigate the solutions [push-to-talk vs. voice activated] a) Conference call service b) more high-end radios c) boom-mike style (try at Christmas show?). For reloading there is a need to assign a loadmaster to load the blue trailer (Club modules, etc.). A (re)loading plan will be provided. The trailer is expected to be unloaded there on the Thursday before. [much discussion followed].. As before you must purchase parking – assume $10 for the two days. Club passes are expected to be limited, again.
1) It is anticipated that the Passenger modules will be loaded for Springfield straight from the Christmas show into the blue trailer.
2) Bob MacGregor has two LGB sets and G scale locomotives (Club sets) that he wants to sell to allow upgrading of the Green layout. Members present concurred.
3) It was noted that the donated soldering irons work very well.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:10 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary