Meeting Date: February 24, 2008
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Read, and accepted as read. (1 abstention)
Treasurer’s Report was read and accepted as read (no abstentions).
Freight metal wheels are getting low; still have coupler packs.
1) Dan noted that the Springfield layouts, particularly the HO layout, looked great. John MacLeod, in particular, was thanked for his fulltime efforts. The President of the Amherst society also noted how great everything looked (Time for Group-hug). Five scales were represented.
What can improve? – As John has noted, we still have connector issues (Sandy noted that Cinch connectors ARE still being made). Some connectors may still have soldering errors.
HO layout loading at end of show – It took too long. Need to better coordinate the process of simultaneous loading of trailers. Need to have all covers that can be stored under the modules available rather than in a trailer. Go out and get passenger modules rather than waiting for a trailer to be allowed inside.
A “new” designated Loadmaster for the blue trailer is needed, as the current loadmasters have their own trailers to load. Perhaps use pictures to combat the “CRS” syndrome.
The transition modules need switch work to aid in bringing trains in and out.
The radios worked fairly well, if charged, as did the Dispatcher and throttles set-up.
2) Willimantic (in TWO weeks) – a) Sunday April 13, 2008; assume the usual size and a Sunday morning set-up. Central CT C-Scale will also be there [no N scale].
3) Christ-the-King – Bill is to check out the last weekend of April/first of May.
4) The Friendship School – Week of April 14th, Clark to review when during the week, with Stu suggesting one or two days and nights; From this last Wednesday night: Set-up on Tuesday using the Willimantic setup (+); run Wednesday thru Friday, with Wednesday night running. Times: TBD
1) The flyer for a Berkshire train excursion on Saturday May 17, 2008 was presented for anyone who may be interested.
2) Clark provided information on a “Club Pin” that could be manufactured by Sundance Marketing, Inc., if the club was interested. Clark is to propose this in the Newsletter.
3) Larry noted that Bob Davis has a DCC layout , located in Pomfret, that he runs operating sessions (using train orders) on , most Thursday mornings from 9 AM to 12 AM, followed by lunch @ the Pomfret station. Countering that, Jonathan’s next operating session is ‘tomorrow’ @ 7 PM.
4) What is the official word on the “National Train Show”? SOON
5) Stu is planning to discuss his new techniques for manufacturing ‘scale’ dwarf signals, after the meeting.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:45 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary