Meeting Date: July 26, 2009
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:36 pm
Read and accepted as read. (11-0-1)
1) Club pins have been ordered [ 300 @ $471; 1 ¼” size ] When received, (Clark) will market @ ~$4 each and Club will use as selective promotional/marketing tools.
2) Slide shows – Anyone else have slides that they would like to present? (Bill Evans has a suggested individual)
3) Club trip – confirmation needed by Wednesday [ 14 expected ].
4) HN Train Show – President’s Comments – “Went well, looked good.” Received fine comments from show committee member(s). Bill Evans noted that NMRA National members also had strong positive compliments. He also noted strong compliments on all of the home layouts. Stu also noted a member of the Valley HO Club complimented on how well the layout runs.
The “QSI” operating session (Sunday morning) – The session worked extremely well and was enjoyed by the public, too!
For this and all operating sessions, the locomotive owners should “speed rate” his locomotives to aid the Dispatcher in reducing ‘rear-enders’. Operating periods can be based on this. It is further suggested that the train owner remain within the bounds of the layout while their train(s) are running.
Radios, when they were used worked well.
1) Dan had spoken with Bob Murphy – In place of the August 16th meeting an operating session is proposed starting @ 6 PM. Art Ferguson will also have his layout available for viewing between 4 and 6 PM.
2) Fall train shows – There will be the Valley Show @ the Durham Fairgrounds. Dan is to check on a show setup.
3) Also on the radar is a show @ the Expo Center – may pay for our participation.
4) Future Projects? Single Track?
5) Jonathan will recommence Monday operating sessions after Columbus Day.
6) Larry is in the process of adding-on to his house, including the elevator into the basement and a doorway through the wall into the addition (new train room), etc. On Wednesday will clear and setup for construction work prep. Consideration needs to be given on how the club will work with the new arrangement(s).
Meeting Adjourned @ 9:10 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary