Meeting Date: November 22, 2009
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Read and accepted as read.
Larry brought the usual items [Stu had a suggestion to lower the price of the remaining Proto 2000 wheel sets to expedite resale @ $8 a card; Motion made, seconded (9-0)]
1) Willimantic – All went well enough, setup was slow (electrical problem took about 45 minutes – short in tortoise); track connectors are still an issue (Bill Evans to collect all of the ‘shorties’). Should consider an earlier start time for setup ~6:30 AM.
2) Next show in New London – Start setup at 9AM Saturday Dec. 5; Operating hours Sunday 11-5, M-W-F 2 to 5, Saturday Dec 12 11-5 with teardown to follow. Henry needs to confirm this schedule. Layout to be the same as Willimantic + George and Stu.
3) Big Blue loading still needs to be finished. Dec 2nd at 7 PM at Larry’s. Dan is to develop the Springfield layout plan. Glenn Siter is working on modules and needs wiring harnesses.
4) Next meeting to be changed to Dec 20th, no Wednesday sessions are planned; followed by a standard January schedule (Dan digital picture show?). – Al wants to do a weathering clinic – need to plan a timeframe. – Sandy and craftsman kit , should plan a ‘work Sunday’ for that after Springfield; need to check with the Library on ‘extended hours prior to 5 PM for that. Perhaps February 14th (Valentines day?) - Stu’s Proto 2000 mods. Perhaps March 14th. Wednesday Nights - at Bill Evans on 6 January.
1) Micro-Engineering Union Station sign - @ Cheshire Show retail $50. Jim Delany to purchase – Hold the station box from big blue loading.
2) Web-site software authorized for purchase @ $300 has been replaced by a new ‘office’ version @ $179. The software has now been purchased.
3) Stu noted that the rotating Wednesday night gatherings have been quite a success. General comments concur that this should be continued once or twice a month in the future.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:50 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary