Meeting Date: January 10, 2010
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:45 pm
Read and accepted as read. (12-0-1)
Read and accepted as read. (13-0-0)
1) Bill Evan’s layout visit – A fine time, despite the electrical gremlin, which kept part of the layout un-powered. (Too much heat?) Next up is Jonathan’s, this next Wednesday evening. Larry noted the basement is available for any desired use.
2) It was noted that the ‘Union Station’ sign had not yet been received from Tom’s Trains. Stu is to be reminded to bring the Union Station box.
3) The New London show also went well, although the times were not optimal for public viewing. One turnout throw spring problem was a bit tricky to resolve.
4) Springfield – the Timesaver module needs to be loaded out of Larry’s basement (1-20-10). No further group loading effort is needed, but an extra 4-foot Henry module needs to be brought to cover for Glenn Siter’s module. Make a jumper harness for the two-foot gravel pit module (see Stu for crimping tools?). Dan’s and Big Blue are planned to be unloaded on Thursday. A PDF of the planned layout, using the traditional orientation is to be emailed out. Setup starts at 8 AM, Friday morning, using the Gate #2 entrance. Show times 9-5 Saturday and 10-5 Sunday. For breakdown, those without modules will handle the dismantling of Club modules. Operation will use the radios (have they been found?) and dispatcher sheets. Please plan to USE the Passenger station, with the Transition module yard. A training session is planned to be conducted on Friday on how to properly enter and exit the yard (Al to make a podcast of it).
1) There will be NO meeting on February 14th. Al’s weathering Clinic is now planned for February 28th. Al will make a list of what one should bring. Al may do a weathering ‘clinic’ at Springfield.
2) Stu has been building new storage/transport boxes with various options for cars and locomotives (mixed 40’ / 50’ cars and locomotives up through six axle sizes. These will be smaller/lighter than past designs, and will be stackable on each other, and on optional wheeled dollies. He is planning to build 50 boxes (unpainted) by Springfield.
3) Last but not least, Al displayed some of his most recent weathered cars, and briefly described some of his latest techniques. Most impressive.
Meeting Adjourned at ~9:15 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary