Meeting Date: April 25, 2010
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
Read and accepted as read. (13-0)
Treasurer report read and accepted as read. (13-0)
Couplers & wheels + a few hats
1) Comments by John Waller of the “State of Larry’s Basement” – Flooding was not as severe as thought, mostly cardboard damage, no apparent damage to club modules/ passenger station/ materials. Floor needs cleaning to remove some of the outdoors that came indoors. Special thanks to Al Mayo and Glen Sider, who found a way in through the flooding. Note that Larry expects “the door” to the train room to be cut within the next two weeks.
2) Discussion followed on any Club commitments to upcoming shows – none this summer. We should purse attending the Durham show event on October 3. Motion made, seconded, and passed (13-0) to seek attendance for the HO layout.
3) Durham show – New Haven Society of Model Engineers, Inc. 2010 Train Show October 3, 2010; $6 entry, 9:00 to 3:00 Durham Fair Grounds – Commercial Building 68 Main St.; Set-up 12 – 6 PM Saturday.
4) Summer Club Trip discussion – Consider 1st or 2nd week of August; a mix of trains and museums; Jim Delany is Coordinator (5 day) 1) Pennsylvania – B&O Museum, Strasburg, East Broadtop (narrow gage) Steamtown/Altoona/Fostoria, Taconic Viaduct? Cass? Seek to get an engine factory tour (GE?)? New Hampshire tourist railroads?
1) Larry’s – Once the door is cut – finish cleanup and then set up for running. (Some members would like to run @ Larry’s when it is up and running.) [ Jonathan is available this coming Wednesday. ]
2) Sandy and the MicroScale Model Buildings – Now planned for June 6 and 13 (2 sessions?). The (massive) instruction set was revealed, as well as the prototype(s). The buildings will have lots of accessories. Participants will need some tools and acrylic paints. A total of 27 kits (6 ‘O’ scale) will be available to build. A sign-up sheet is available. [Schedule modified times with the Library]
3) Future Wednesday (Thursday) – May 13th in Manchester at the Silk City Club layout 7 PM.
4) Dan spoke of a draft of a ‘Personal Conduct Policy’ for the Club, along with considering a review of the Club Bylaws (is it time for an update?).
5) Sandy suggested that we consider seeking to operate at the July event at Amato’s.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary