Meeting Date: May 23, 2010
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Read and accepted as read. (10-0-1)
Treasurer reported read and accepted as read. (10-0-1)
Construction progress – heat pipes in; concrete & framers next week. Will need turnout for layout setup on Wednesday – check for any module flood damage.
1) Larry says that one of the workers at Dunkin Donuts wants to join the Club.
2) Durham show – Bill Evans was contacted. [New Haven Society of Model Engineers, Inc. 2010 Train Show October 3, 2010; $6 entry, 9:00 to 3:00 Durham Fair Grounds – Commercial Building 68 Main St; Set-up 12 – 6 PM Saturday.]
3) The Silk City club visit is to be rescheduled by Dan for a later date.
4) Sandy’s model building Clinic – Was to firm up June 6 and 13 at 5PM with the Library (Not Available). Sandy needs to produce a “Tool List” for the participants.
5) Planned additional summer meetings – July 11th and 25th; August 22nd (assume at Gales Ferry branch).
1) Dan has been working on the Rockville Bridge and Marysville modules.
2) Larry’s basement has room for anyone who would like to work on (their) modules.
a) New polycarbonate “plexiglass” needs to be purchased and labeled for location, for which new storage boxes need to be built. Note that Henry’s corner has built-in storage.
b) Larry purchased colored electrical tape for labeling.
5) Stu suggested that we ID the types of repairs needed to be done to modules, to create a ‘fall work schedule
6) Sandy and the HOn30 layout at Springfield – May need to reduce the size of the HO layout to aid in fitting the HOn30 layout in the allotted space. [less interest in running the N-scale layout than in the past.]
8) If the passenger modules are not taken at some time in the future we will need to build a mountain transition module(s) as previously discussed.
9) Discussion related to “the church basement railroad” as mentioned by Barbara. Also Henry sought assistance in disassembling Muriel Hinkle’s basement layout, a U of 4X8 tables - parts could be offered for use on “Barbara’s layout.” Larry can use some of the buildings. Henry is to arrange times. Larry mentioned a similar case exists with Bob Chalmer’s old layout.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:00 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary