Meeting Date: July 25, 2010
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Read and accepted as read. (13-0)
Read and accepted as read
2 Hats. A few couplers, Some wheel packs
1) Building Clinic - There is difficulty in getting back-to-back meetings. It would be better to hold the clinic not back-to-back than postpone it further. Larry offered his new great room, rated by the Fire Marshall at 200 people
2) Rail-Fan Trip – Steam Town was added as an option, with trip running from Tuesday August 3 to Sunday, the 8th [Henry meetings on Tuesday, and Larry on Monday]
3) August 22nd meeting is to be held at Gales Ferry, pending confirmation of availability.
4) Nominations for Club Vice President – opened; Stu Dom nominated; seconded; elected unanimously.
5) Club Newsletter publishing schedule - The members John to work with Nate to bring the newsletter back to monthly issue. Matters of plagiarism and copyright were discussed. Credited short articles may be submitted for consideration. Things are easier since we do not sell the newsletter. John urged article writers to keep their submissions short. More pictures would be good. Submit all articles to Nate.
6) The Club picnic date has been selected as September 11th noonish, at Larry’s. Cold cuts, etc. provided.
1) Fall Shows – Still planning to attend the Durham Fairgrounds Show, October 3rd, 9AM – 3 PM, Dan is to confirm. We need to confirm with Bill Paradis if/when his “show” at Christ the King will occur.
2) Dan described his plans to consume his new basement, with a double–decker layout of Conrail and Penn Central.
3) Updating of the Club website. Dan has the software, but little time to update it with new templates to speed its refresh. Needs some files from Jim Spavins.
4) Al is available to run a weathering clinic; perhaps an early meeting start (~5PM) in the fall. Also consider a weathering clinic at the Durham show?
Meeting Adjourned at 8:20 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary