Meeting Date: August 22, 2010
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Gales Ferry, CT
Meeting Time: 7:37 pm
Read and accepted as read (11-0)
Same as last month – no change! (Accepted as read!)
No report. Perform an inventory and order new items as determined
1) Railfan Trip – Seven on the trip + Dan. Day 1 – Fostoria; Day 2 Deshler (more traffic than ever previously seen) “ATCS” can be run at some locations for radio access to train motion – but will be obsolete by satellite processes soon; Day 3 – Fostoria to Marion to Altoona, Museum at Altoona then Horseshoe Curve, Old Portage “Allegheny Portage” National Park; Day 4 – On to Enola, did not go to Steamtown; then to Rockville Bridge, still no trains down the Buffalo track. Taking about 1200 pictures was the norm.
2) The annual Club picnic is scheduled for noon at Larry’s on 9/11. Only scheduled meeting to be September 26.
3) Upcoming shows – Durham Fairgrounds, October 3, 9AM – 3 PM, with setup planned on Saturday. Size to be determined. – Willimantic – November 14th - Cheshire – G & N scale as usual on November 21st. Larry posed a question whether we could support a Christmas show? TBD?
4) Make a Structure Clinic – Sandy has recommended using the Westbrook Ambulance hall on a Saturday in October (~allows all day for the clinic, easy setup for Sandy. Donation for use? Check with Sandy)
5) Wednesday night excursion to Amato’s in Middletown to view club narrow gage setups and other store layouts– September 8 at 7pm. Sandy has told Dan that the ON30 & N layouts at Springfield will likely be “L” shaped to allow the HON30 to be brought as well.
1) Upgrade of Club modules – The “Prairie” corner module is to be overhauled to add a third track and new scenery. Motion was made and accepted to expend up to $200 on the upgrade. “Time Saver” module – needs a complete rewiring, etc; to be held as a backup module. “TV” module in use at Larry’s (to be reworked?). 8’ Lift bridge in use at Larry’s; old 4” lift bridge should be disposed of. A motion was made to build a second 4’ lift bridge for large layout use.
2) Passenger Modules – Maintain, and fix remaining crossover shorting problem (6 to do – try revised relay method). Has anyone seen the missing hand-held controller? A 4’ transition module is needed for the logging mountain when not used with the passenger station [Club actually has a need for stand-alone 4’ modules]
3) Plans for Springfield – Run DCC on one track? Try this out at Larry’s.
4) Suggested Meeting topics – 1) DCC 2) “ATCS” 3) Layout wiring 4) Layout Planning – ongoing efforts at Larry’s and Dan’s, etc. 5) Layout automation 6) Layout operation – multi-location turnout operation, etc. 7) Signals 8) Rolling stock/engine maintenance
5) Future construction sessions at Larry’s and Dan’s.
6) Continue home layout visits.
7) Jim Delany reported receipt of the Springfield contract.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:15 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary