Meeting Date: January 9, 2011
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:40 pm
Meeting relocated to Dunkin Donuts at 7:40 PM
1) We waited for about 10 minutes then adjourned to the Dunkin Donuts in Groton Center where we had a discussion of events.
2) One of these items was the Contact List, which Tom is trying hard to put together as he has been sending out the newsletter and is not sure all are getting the newsletter as promised. He and Stu discussed his worksheet and made modifications to it to reflect what is known to be true, or not. Bob is to review the attached worksheet and get back to them soon as possible so that Tom has all of the correct information to allow him to do his job, as newsletter editor and chief.
3) Henry Curtis has agreed to pick up the 4-foot passenger module on which John has been working. We have tentatively set next Thursday evening (1/20/2011) as a possible pickup time. We will need to confirm with Henry.
4) Bob MacGregor has everything ready to support transportation of our modules, as well as the G-Scalers, and does not need any additional help at this time.
1) Don Counsellor has a small back problem, but will attend the show and will provide suitable guidance for loading and unloading his vehicle. We all need to support him as needed, as we really need him at the show with his modules.
2) There was discussion about who should be paid the membership dues, and several members felt that the Treasurer would be the best person to pay the dues to. This needs further discussion, as the club made a clear decision some years ago to have the Secretary receive all membership funds, and then pass the funds to the Treasurer after doing all of the record keeping.
3) The donuts were good, and if we could routinely have shorter meetings, the Duncan Donuts in Groton Center is a much more hospitable place to sit down and enjoy each other’s company.
4) One last note, Stu received a call from Sandy Alonzo on Monday evening, where he informed him that the N, On30 and HOn30 layouts would not be going the show, nor would any of their respective members. Stu passed this on to Dan, and Jim who called the Amherst people to provide them with this information. The details of this matter are not at all clear, but it appears as if this arm of the club may be lost.
5) Next meeting –January 23rd.
Meeting Adjourned “when the donuts were consumed”Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary