Meeting Date: July 10, 2011
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:34 pm
Read and accepted with correction (14-0-1).
Treasurer not available
1) Club tax-exempt status – Yearly renewal was required, possibly due to address used. We will reapply for tax-exempt status. There will be a fee of $100 for reinstatement to the previous status. The original application was found. Two forms have been downloaded for the process. If a lawyer is not used, a statement must be made. Apparently, there may be annual renewal forms sent by the IRS. We have until 2012 to complete this action. Don needs a) the new bylaws b) A valuation of the Club assets and how depreciated c) Inventory of Club equipment and supplies.
2) Club Picnic – Proposed is 9-10 or 9-17. However, all quiet on the proposed location; an update is needed. Jim Spavins has offered families’ lake house as an alternate location.
3) Jim Spavins is to be in charge of the setup and running of the New London Station Amtrak 40th Anniversary mini-layout. Loading of gear at Larry’s on July 21st. Set-up will be on Friday evening. Operate Saturday and Sunday 9 to 5.
4) There is no change in the status of questions on Amherst module layout locations. There will be no N-Scale layout.
1) Club Trip – Leave Tuesday, August 2nd and finish Sunday “late”. Nine or ten, plus any G-Scalers? Fostoria, Deshler, Altoona, etc. From Bob MacGregor’s at 7 AM.
Meeting Adjourned @ 8:38 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary