Meeting Date: October 14, 2012
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
Read and accepted as read (10-0).
Read and accepted as read (10-0)
1) Base level quote is $2100 (pleated w/ Velcro), next material upgrade is ~$6000. Discussion – base is see-thru when held to the light, but will be pleated and the old skirting will be used inside. Optimal length (36” or 39”) needs to be verified.
2) Portland Airline Fall Show (now Xavier HS, Middletown) – not formally asked; November 4th. Central CT G-Gaugers are attending. Not certain we are ready to participate.
1) Larry notes that Mona Chalmers is requesting help to disassemble the layout. It may be possible to move (some) pieces to Larry’s basement, to see if any can be used by members or otherwise disposed of. Larry to arrange another session to view and assess on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
2) Other potential club display locations? Tom Blundon suggested a location in East Lyme. We would need more details.
3) Springfield show – Contracts were submitted in September. Use of metal barriers info was requested and received. There would be no charge, but they are only available “while they last”. Transportation concerns – might we need a U-Haul? Need to plan the layout now to see what needs to be taken.
4) New Powercabs are planned to be purchased so that EACH mainline train will have its own controls.
5) Larry is planning his first “Operating Session” this Wednesday morning, 9AM – 12 noon. Jonathan is planning an operating session on Monday night.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:23 pm.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary