Meeting Date: May 18, 2014
Meeting Location: Bill Library, Ledyard, CT
Meeting Time: 7:35 pm
Read and accepted as read.
Treasurer’s Report was read.
1) The setup @ NL on National Train Day went very well, easy setup/takedown. Little activity, but many members present. The CT G-Gaugers did a similar set-up @ NH. Some of the members got cab rides!
2) The Treasurer reported that the IRS has responded with a request for more information (read Proof) = Filing of documents with the State. The IRS will receive same.
3) The acceptance packet was finally received from the National Train Show in early May. All the modules planned to be used are built and operational - some need detailing. Logistics for the trip need some refinement. Itinerary is to load the week prior, travel on the Tuesday, setup Wednesday from noon. Thursday is open, then the show for three days 10-5. Return travel on Monday. Hoping to compete in the show contests.
1) Jim Spavins discussed a proposed change to the Club Logo in support of the National Train Show. This was partly based on concerns with protests that have occurred over similar logos.
2) A motion was made to change the logo, as proposed. Discussion ensued as to the scope, timing, and methods to be employed. Vote Aye 7, Nay 6, abstain 3. The motion carried.
3) A second motion was made to notify the membership of the intent to change the logo, when it would occur, and that a vote could take place at the next meeting. Vote Aye 10, Nay 2, abstain 4. The motion carried.
4) A third motion was made to remove the Club logo from the new Club banners, previously approved, but not yet ordered. Vote Aye 7, Nay 7; acting president voted nay. The motion failed.
5) Larry noted that an operating session would be held on Wednesday. There will be a Monday morning work session to apply a 2nd coat to new carry boxes.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:43 PM.Respectably submitted by Bob Applegate, Secretary